Bedrooms should be retreats, places where we can go to rejuvenate and restore. . .places we can relax away the stresses of the day. So, which colors can help you get the best sleep? If you guessed calm colors such as blue, yellow and green, you are correct! According to a recently published sleep study, color sets the mood and those sleeping in blue bedrooms received the best night’s rest, followed by rooms in yellow and green.
However, color is only one design element that can help or hinder your restful sleep. If you are not sleeping as soundly as you should be, here are some quick tips to help you create a better place to sleep.
- Eliminate signs of work from your bedroom. No desk, no computer, and no files!
- TV’s should be kept behind closed doors when not in use, and always on a timer.
- De-clutter your space and get organized…put everything in its place, and have a place for everything.
- Choose soothing, calm colors for your bedroom, linens, and accessories.
- Luxury linens are always welcomed and I like to suggest organic fabrics.
- Hang blackout drapery if you have light sensitivities…these also insulate from the winter cold and hot summer sun.
And to help send you off to “Slumberville”, try a therapeutic calming blend of essential oils lightly diffused into your space minutes before bedtime. Check out my favorite natural essential oils/product sites www.doTerra.com and www.Aveda.com for healthy living.*
Setting a restful stage with calming colors, de-cluttering your space and removing signs of stresses from work, will help encourage a good night’s rest. To learn more about how we can help you design your personal retreat and promote the best sleep, please visit our website or Email us your questions. We are glad to help.
*We do not receive compensation for products mentioned in this article.