Turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, homemade sweet rolls, relish tray, turkey gravy…my mouth is watering just thinking about our delicious Thanksgiving dinner! The food will be fabulous and so will your table setting by following these tips on how to set the perfect Thanksgiving table.
Are you planning a formal or casual Thanksgiving gathering for friends and family? Creating the perfect place setting doesn’t have to be confusing. . .
1. Space dinner plates about 2′ o.c. (on center) to allow for comfortable elbow room between guests. Place bread and salad plates to the left and include a butter knife.
2. All glasses are placed on the right side of the plate, as well as coffee cups.
3. Silverware is placed 1″ from the edge of the table. Silverware should be placed in the order of use from the outside in towards the plate, first course such as salad to main course entree.
4. Forks should be placed to the left of the plate, knives and spoons to the right. Knives should be placed with the cutting edge towards the plate. Be sure all the handles line up!
5. Napkins should be cloth and placed to the left…follow us next week as we explore the art of napkin folding!
6. Optional if you have space for dessert silverware during dinner: Silverware for delicious pumpkin pie should be placed above the plate with the fork handle to the left and the spoon or knife handle to the right.
Here’s a simple cheat sheet to help you set the perfect place setting for any occasion.
Don’t miss next week’s blog…”Impress Your Family with Napkin Folding 101″. We have some fun napkins you can learn to fold just in time for the holiday!
Have a design dilemma? Email us your questions, we would love to help…
*We do not receive compensation for products or services mentioned in this article.